Terms & Conditions
Unless otherwise especially agreed by us in writing, the terms and conditions stated below apply to all transactions.
All details including prices are confirmed when orders are acknowledged by Vintage & Architectural. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure all details on our order acknowledgement are correct
- All purchases must be paid for prior to loading on a vehicle from the vendor’s premises or the appointed shipping agents premises.
- All goods are sold subject to the understanding that title does not pass to the purchaser until the goods have been paid for in full.
- Responsibility for the safety and security of goods pass to the purchaser as soon as the goods are removed from the vendors premises, or company delivery vehicle and the purchaser will indemnify the vendor against all liability howsoever arising after such removal.
- We accept most forms of payment except cheques and American Express (please note that we charge 1% for credit cards).
Delivery – The period quoted for delivery is a guideline only. Vintage & Architectural does not accept responsibility for delays caused by mis-instruction, manufacturing delays, strikes, traffic conditions or adverse weather. Delivery times may be extended during the holiday periods and workshop closures. It is advisable that no installation should be arranged until the goods have been received and checked. Vintage & Architectural will not be held responsible for any arrangement of installation prior to receipt and acceptance of the goods and any charges therein. Many of the goods we sell and supply are reclaimed or salvaged and as such are individual items. These items can be over 100 years old and will, in some instances, have minor imperfections that are characteristic of their age.
• Packaging is free and non-returnable.
• The goods must be checked and signed for in the presence of the carrier. Signing of the delivery note will be determined as acceptance that goods have been delivered in good order at the time of delivery. If Vintage & Architectural are not notified within 48 hours of the date on the signed delivery note then it will be deemed that Vintage & Architectural have fully complied with its obligations and claims will not be considered. Vintage & Architectural cannot accept responsibility for items damaged after delivery.
Deliveries are kerbside only and we do not accept any responsibility for damage to property if our driver is invited into the aforementioned property, this is at the customer’s own risk.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any item purchased from Vintage & Architectural can be moved into its final location.
Drop Off and Collection – Any item being picked up from the showroom is under the clients insurance and supervision, Vintage & Architectural is not liable for any damage to a vehicle.
Consequential Loss - Vintage & Architectural accepts no responsibility for any consequential loss or subsequent costs howsoever arising from the use of new or reclaimed materials supplied by Vintage & Architectural.
Deposit & Cancellations – All goods are sold as seen at our premises. While we may supply photographs, measurements, catalogues and drawings of goods, these items are for identification and reference only, purchasers are advised to examine the goods as to their condition, dimensions and quality, before purchase, and the vendor gives no warranty or guarantee in respect thereof.
The payment of the deposit (standardly 50%) once acknowledged by Vintage & Architectural initiates the order which can then not be cancelled except with our consent and on terms that will indemnify us against any loss. These will be advised at the time of cancellation and any refund will be in the form of a credit note. Please note the 50% deposit is non-refundable.
Orders for non-standard products including RAL colours once acknowledged by Vintage & Architectural cannot be cancelled without full charge.
Return Of Goods – Return of goods is at the discretion of Vintage & Architectural and subject to a minimum 35% restocking fee. Any outstanding balance will be given as a credit note which is valid for 12 months from the date of return.
Items will only be considered for return if in the same condition as first delivered.
Items will not be considered for return if they have been installed, used or altered in any way, shape or form.
The cost of returning items is for the client’s account. All goods must be suitably wrapped for transportation.
Storage and Associated Costs - Once the client is contacted by Vintage & Architectural to advise the items are ready (within the agreed leadtime or specified delivery date by the client) full payment is required prior to delivery. If the client requests a delayed delivery and this is agreed by Vintage & Architectural (based on available storage being available on-site) full payment will be required immediately. The item(s) would then be held for up to 1 month from payment date at no additional charge, following this an agreed storage charge will be added to your account payable prior to delivery. Storage is limited to a max of 4months.